Monday, January 18, 2010

Installing hand controls...can anyone do it???

I have a friend who wants to drive again, he has Parkinsons. I'm a pretty decent mechanic, been out of the field for a few years, but still lots of tools and very meticulous. As a friend, not aas a business, is it OK to go ahead and install controls? Between what he needs and the size of the car (small BMW) I think he needs a twist-grip throttle/brake which he would use his left hand to control. Car is an automatic, left hand is stronger. Anyone have links to businesses that sell kits to do this? He knows he'll need to take a roadtest (we are in USA)Installing hand controls...can anyone do it???
I DON'T RECOMMEND THAT JUST ANYONE INSTALL THESE FOR YOU.





I HAVE DRIVING A LOT OF THESE VEHICLES BECAUSE I SERVICE A COMPANY THAT INSTALLS THEM AND THERE ARE MANY ADJUSTMENTS THAT NEED TO BE SET CORRECTLY.








CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DMV OFFICE, THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER ANY AND ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU WILL BE GETTING THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.
  • kiss lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment