Friday, January 22, 2010

How do I gain more control of my left hand when drumming?

I've been drumming for approximately two years, and the third year I went on a sort of hiatus after my band broke up. Recently I have restarted drumming because I've found new friends to start a band with. Two days ago I sat down and started with some paradiddles and old patrol routines I've used in the past to warm up. But I've noticed that... my left hand is falling behind. Almost like I'm losing control of it. Is there anyway I can fix this? I feel like I've backtracked to a beginner's level!How do I gain more control of my left hand when drumming?
Your left hand has simply gotten weak. You just need to work your left hand and wrist out. The wrist more accurately. Just practice more and keep practicing. Sounds like you're already doing the rudiments which will help build up your hand. And try some speed exercises with your left hand. A drumroll - when you slow it down - will help you practice your timing and force your left hand to keep up. Good luck with your new band and good for you for getting back into it again!How do I gain more control of my left hand when drumming?
Practice double stroking. Do 4 double strokes with your left hand followed by two quarters. So it would be 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 1 2 - 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 1 2.

Report Abuse



1. Go on 4chan


2. Look up pr0n


3. fap


4. Build up strength w/ left hand


5. ???


6. Profit!
well if u haven't been drumming in a while your hand has obviously lost much of its strength. i would reccomend playing eights slow to fast and back to slow. try some fast triplet rolls when warmed up. after a while you'll notice a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment