Friday, January 22, 2010

Is hand dextarity controlled by genes?

I'm left-handed, and I want to know if I am because of my genetic make-up, or if it is how my brain works.





If it is genes, Is right hand dominant?Is hand dextarity controlled by genes?
Currently the belief is that handedness is not solely caused by genetics. Although handedness does run in families, there are clearly other factors involved. Handedness can be affected by testosterone levels, environmental factors and even social factors (there used to be strong stigmas associated with being left handed).





The genetic causes of handedness aren't known, so it's impossible to say if right handedness is dominant or even if it is a single gene trait.Is hand dextarity controlled by genes?
Your brain works due to it's genetic make-up. Genes are at the very core of us and '; created us, body and mind';. Structural differences in the brains of the left-handed. Not my area, so someone will come along to expand on this, it is hoped.





PS I am not sure of right hand dominance.

No comments:

Post a Comment