Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Do you think the government should let our middle school's hand out condom's an birth control to pre-teen's.

I think it should be the parent's choice an not the school's...





all the school's are doing is saying to our children is ';Don't have sex'; But then again ';here's a rubber an birth control an have fun..Do you think the government should let our middle school's hand out condom's an birth control to pre-teen's.
If anybody gives my 10 year old daughter either a condom or birth control without my approval, they'd better not let me find them.Do you think the government should let our middle school's hand out condom's an birth control to pre-teen's.
no way, not in middle school.
Wouldn't it be nice if the schools would just teach children to read and write and do math?
I think it's up to the citizens in the school district to determine what they think is appropriate and to work with the school district to set those policies.
Yes.





I'd rather have them hand out condoms than have unwanted pregnancies.





When there is a choice of evils, the lesser is best.
No. it's encouraging teens for sex, which is stupid.
I think it's alright that middle school's hand out contraceptives. Kids are having sex younger and younger. Many start at middle school age. I remember when I was in middle school plenty of kids were having sex. And many kids don't tell their parents when they are having sex and many parents don't sit down and talk to their children about sex. I don't think by handing out contraceptives that it sends the message to have sex, I think it sends the message that if you are having sex or thinking of having sex to protect yourself.


Usually schools don't just hand out contraceptives to just any kid walking by, it usually follows a class on sex education.
No, and if they start that in LA it will be the straw that sees my kids into private schools.
it should be available to the kids since some are having sex anyway but it should only be done after the kids have had a course on the consequences of their actions and with parental notification.
The school isn't saying ';here's a rubber and birth control now have fun.'; The school has realized that kids are having sex at that age, and would rather them use protection than nothing at all so that they can be prevented from pregnancy and STDs. They promote abstinence more than anything, because it is the best protection of all.





I was never given condoms, and especially not birth control when I took sex education. We watched videos and looked at diagrams.





If it's up to the parents to make this decision, then there are going to be a lot of knocked up teenagers out there.





I also want to put it out there that it's not illegal for anyone to buy protection from a drugstore, so it doesn't even matter if the school is ';dishing them out,'; because the teen can make the choice for themself and buy a contraceptive.
I feel that parents should be the main line in communication to teens about sex. I have no problem with sex education in schools, but I do not feel the schools should be handing out birth control and condoms.
I dont think they should just be ';handing them out';. But if a student really needs a condom, I think they should be able to go to the nurse or someone in the school and ask for one. If they want to have sex, they are going to have sex. Having condoms availiable at school is better than not practicing safe sex, or even having the middle schoolers steal them from drugstores (heard it happen way too many times :P).
Only if they plan on using them. Those who say “contraceptives turn anyone on” are obviously very ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment