Friday, May 14, 2010

Is a two-handed backhand used for more control?

I find that I can generate more power with one hand, but for difficult shots, I use two hands to find a better angle.Is a two-handed backhand used for more control?
Yes. The two handed backhand does have a little more control than the one-handed. But once you are used to it, there's not a whole lot of difference.


One of the biggest advantages of the one-handed is that you can completely disguise what you are doing. The backswing is the same for slice, topspin, down the line, and cross court. It's really versatile.


When you are in a pinch, though, it's good to have roots in the two-handed backhand. As you said, it is easier when you are on the run because of the added stability of another hand.


Personally, I always use a two-handed backhand, and find that I get plenty of pop out of it, and it does allow for pinpoint placement.Is a two-handed backhand used for more control?
Its not so much control: you can use the same amount of control on a two-handed backhand, but its a lot easier to hit a down the line shot with a one-hand backhand than a two-hand. Also, it just looks sweet.
A double handed backhand gives the player slightly more control but it better than the single handed backhand because it generates more racket head speed.





Note: Use the double handed back/forehand when your injured it is more stable.





Ben
I dont think so. I was just taught that i was suposed to do it with 2 hands or its not a backhand. I think that with 2 hands you do get a better angle. I agree. I just think that with 2 hands... that is how it is suposed to be but some people do it with one and i really really think that it is wrong. They just do it.
I disagree.


One handed backhands require incredible mid section and upper body strength


a two-handed backhand requires plenty of arm,wrist action


You can hit down the line,mid court;cross court;top spin backhands with a one-hander but you can't with a two-hander.





a one-handed backhand creates more pace;spin;you can flatten it up and hit it so many ways unlike the two hander.


Agassi,Nalbandian,Safin all had and have beautiful two-handed backhands but nothing beats a Graff,Federer,Mauresmo,Gasquet backhand!
2 handed backhands are made for more control but 1 handed are more powerful but at the same time it is all about what is more comfortable for you I find that i will do 2 handed because it is actually more powerful for me. So it is really what is the most comfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment