Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How to control my shaking hands and nervousness during my presentations?

Ive never use to be like this but lately when I make a presentation for one of my classes in college my hands start shaking and I get really nervous like Im going to pass out, and start to turn red. I dont know if I have some sort of aniety dissorder or what. But this is really bothering me and my grades are starting to suffer because of this. And Ive been losing friends over this as well because I try to avoid social situations especially with people I dont know. I know there are anti anxiety medicines. But is there anything out there more safe rather than a serious drug that has side effects? Maybe a vitamin or herbal pills?How to control my shaking hands and nervousness during my presentations?
It sounds like you could have some anxiety issues. Usually when you have some kind of personality change, such as going from not being nervous to being nervous in front of crowds, and it feels very irrational, it has something to do chemically with the brain. You described many of the things I have gone through. It got to me where I couldn't walk into a classroom. There are plenty of medications that ease anxiety out there. Although you always hear about side effects, these are usually very limited and in many cases non existent. Talking to a psychiatrist (I know they are expensive) can be very helpful in prescribing the right medication, as opposed to your physician. I don't know of any Herbal remedies...poor nutrition could be a cause, as could be lack of exercise. Those are two issues that many shrinks bring up. My shrink said the best way to deal with anxiety though is to face it. Like someone with an anxiety about touching doorknobs or something, the treatment is to literally make them touch a doorknob and realize it isn't going to hurt them. The time spent touching the doorknob is steadily increased until a new rationalization has taken over for the patient. Same thing, with social anxieties. Treatments involve talking to strangers and things of that nature. I ahve about run out...so good luck...I hope you feel betterHow to control my shaking hands and nervousness during my presentations?
same thing with me, about 5 minutes before a school presentation my face turns bright red, my hands sweat, knees shake, hands shake, and my voice shakes and cracks. i can't do anything about it, but luckily people are nice enough to not tease me.

Report Abuse



I have the same problem and I thought I was the only one. I started with this problem when I was about 6 years old and I don't know why, but I'm planning to go see a doctor because I don't want to deal with this crap no more I want to be normal. My hands and voice tends to shake when I'm around people I don't know or when doing a presentation just like you, I talk to myself and say ';CALM DOWN'; but it doesn't work. I hope we get over this problem because it totally sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment